- Yellow Fever is a viral infection spread by mosquitoes.
- Symptoms include fever, vomiting, jaundice, severe malaise and bleeding
- The death rate is up to 50%
- Countries where yellow fever is present includes parts of South America and sub-Saharan Africa
- It is a legal requirement for all travellers returning from a yellow fever endemic country to be vaccinated prior to re-entry into Australia
- Members of Travel Clinics Australia are authorized by the World Health Organisation (WHO) to vaccinate against yellow fever.
Back to All Fact Sheets