- While we eagerly await post covid19 travel remember there are many vaccine preventable diseases to consider before your next trip
- Travellers overseas have up to a 50% chance of suffering travel-related illness.
- Reduce your risk of illness with a medical checkup and personalize advice to best protect your health overseas
- Vaccinations may be considered necessary for protection against diseases you may encounter, for routine health measures or as legal requirements for entry into some countries
- Some vaccinations require a course over weeks to months so contact your nearest Travel Clinic at least six to eight weeks before departure.
- TCA doctors will need to know the countries to be visited, length of stay in each country, time of the year in each country (season), type of accommodation (major hotel or tent) and type of travel (bus tour or backpack).
Check list prior to departure:
- Medical check up at least 6 weeks prior to travel
- Vaccinations and medications up to date
- Pack medical kit
- Dental check up
- Optometric check up
- Passport and visas up to date
- Pick up tickets
- Travel insurance (including emergency evacuation cover)
- Travellers cheques, credit cards
- Leave copy of itinerary with responsible person
Back to All Fact Sheets